Marketing & Sales Director
About Eleven Experience
Our mission is to custom-make powerful experiences that impact the people who impact the world. Whether heliskiing near the Arctic Circle in Iceland or casting for bonefish on a remote island in the Bahamas, Eleven experiences are a different kind of escape. We are not found in traditional destinations. Our lodges, chalets and beach houses are miles from the main road - in a historic farming village high along the French-Italian border, on a rugged river in Patagonia, and in other unique locations away from the crowd. In each destination, world-class food and lodging are combined with guided outdoor activities on mountains, in the backcountry, and on the water for guests of all ages and all skill levels. In urban locations our guides gracefully introduce guests to local culture, knowledge and places known only to native insiders. No matter where in the world they may be, every facility has five-star accommodations, award-winning chefs, extensive wine cellars, saunas, steam rooms, spas, and friendly, expert guides who will show your clients new dimensions of life, friendship, family and adventure.
Marketing & Sales Director
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for leading Eleven’s international revenue generation department through planning and implementation of account management, sales, revenue management, KPI development and management, marketing and product development. The Director of Sales and Marketing will have robust experience in the realm of digital marketing, relationship management and leading unified marketing and sales teams.
- Develop and implement strategic sales and marketing plans and operations in collaboration with ownership and senior leadership.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets and forecasts:
- Demonstrate efficient marketing and sales spend across all department initiatives.
- Measure and track ROI on all department initiatives.
- Deliver periodic marketing and sales activity reports.
- Lead sales efforts by example and through team development and sales processes:
- Establish and maintain senior level relationships with key strategic partners including print and digital media outlets, brand affiliates, and travel planners.
- Manage relationships with critical Eleven clientele/VIP guests.
- Monitor and close high value/high visibility bookings.
- Cultivate and manage sales via brand ambassadors and guest guides.
- Lead marketing strategy and execution including: Website evolution, content, analytics (reach and conversion)
- Direct digital distribution strategies (SEO and SEM and Social)
- Holistic management of PR function including; spend/ROI, editorial content quality and timing.
- Management and hosting of travel industry familiarization trips.
- Spread the Eleven story utilizing internal and user generated content. Develop, recommend and execute competitive positioning, pricing and revenue management strategies:
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Lead involvement in relative industry events and trade shows and publications.
- Lead online and offline third party distribution efforts including:
- Luxury travel agencies, external sales representatives, DMCs and consortia.
- Boutique and mainstream OTAs.
- International and regional distributors.
- Maintain and enhance a consistent company brand identity throughout all product lines, promotional materials, events and in-lodge styling of Eleven amenities and accessories.
- Facilitate internal collaboration through unification of sales/marketing departments and consistent team management.
- Drive ongoing efficiency through leveraging technology and processes.
- Assist Operations department with local community outreach.
- Additional duties and deliverables as assigned.
- The successful candidate will have deep experience in a senior marketing and sales position in the hospitality and adventure travel industry. Relevant experience could include engagements in the fishing lodge, heli-skiing lodge and safari industries. The candidate should have:
- A minimum of five years experience with a proven track record in marketing and sales management in the hospitality industry.
- Proven mastery in building and leading high performing teams.
- Knowledge of revenue management processes for lodging product component.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing technology to drive margin across diverse products. Excellent financial management skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to accurately communicate in both written and verbal form with senior management and subordinates.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and with precision.